Shopping can be a funny, rewarding or maddening experience for beginners, intermediate and advanced shoppers. We buy stuff we need and don’t want. We unknowingly buy stuff, we either need or want. There are many legitimate, psychological, and other reasons that let you buy stuff for no reasons. Sounds familiar right? Here’s why we’ve come up with 10 smart ways to shop so that you can shop like a smart shopper always.
Here’re few tips to help you be more mindful of your money.
- One of the best smart shopping tactics is to try on everything that catches your eye — stuff looks so different on your body than it does on the shelves, and we often get wedged up in a truly narrow definition of what looks good on us.
- Never ever speed-shop, particularly if you’re probing for something really explicit. Give yourself enough time to glance, try stuff on, as well as not get all stressed out.
- Always tag along with a trusted friend with you who tells you what exactly you need to hear even if it’s not looking good for you or simply shitty.
- Shop alone if it’s required. We understand tagging along a friend is always a fun while shopping but it’s not good for your wallet. So, be aware.
- Don’t go shopping when you’re hungry as you’ll shop more for no reason. It happens as you some try to fulfill your cravings.
- Shopping with a list is always a smart decision. It is one of the great tips ever to shop. There are many people who overspend or buy things they don’t want, don’t need and never result in using since they haven’t read correctly. This is your hard earned cash and precious time you are spending – it’s worth a few minutes of preparation, don’t you think? Sure it is .
- Setting a budget is important when you want to do smart shopping. Many people overspend on things they don’t want, need or use because they had no parameters around their outlay – they just went ‘hell for leather’.
- Always and always pay in cash. Lately, a research suggested: we pay 20 – 50% more when we shop with magic plastic, whether it’s using a credit or debit card. There’s something about that magic plastic that can make us feel like we’re using Monopoly money, play money. Like it’s not real.
- Try and set a timeframe. And, don’t allow yourself to wander around a shopping Centre for no reason. There are many people using shopping in a mall shop about fashion, whiling away an afternoon in their favorite mall.
- Always pick the best time shopping time for yourself. It can be a draining and demanding activity if you don’t window-shop at a time that works aptly for you. Purchasing in the malls and stores are most busy (such as late night shopping and Saturday mornings) can easily lead to shopping exhaustion where you end up irritable and short-tempered – not a state in which smart shopping typically takes place.
- Shop alone, if that’ what it takes. There are many people find that shopping buddies are more akin to partners in crime! They can egg us on to making buying that we don’t need at all and can have their own motives for boosting us to shop.
- If you find something awesome that fits the bill then check the same dress with some other designer online with some price variance. This is how you can buy the same dress with less money or maybe in different colorways or pattern.